.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Silver Linings Playbook Chapter 7

I Fear Him More Than Any Other tender Being laterwards I returned to New Jersey, I thought I was safe, because I did not think Kenny G could leave the unskilled place, which I realize is silly now because Kenny G is extremely talented and resourceful and a powerful force to be reckoned with.I have been dormancy in the attic because it is so ferociously hot up here. After my parents go to bed, I climb the stairs, turn off the ventilation fan, sideslip into my old winter sleeping bag, zipper it up so yet my face is exposed, and past sweat away the pounds. Without the ventilation fan running, the temperature climbs quickly, and concisely my sleeping bag is drenched in with perspiration and I can pure tone myself getting thinner. I had done this for several nights, and nothing strange or unusual happened at all. provided in the attic tonight Im perspiration and sweating and sweating, and through the darkness, suddenly I hear the sexy synthesist chords. I keep my look closed, h um a pratele note, and mutely count to ten, knowing that I am only hallucinating equivalent Dr. Patel said I might, precisely Kenny s laves me across the face, and when I open my eyes, there he is in my parents attic, his curly mane of hair haloed like Jesus. The utterly tanned os frontale, that nose, that eternal five o measure shadow and sharp jawline. The top deuce-ace buttons of his shirt are undone so that you can see a little chest hair. Mr. G might not seem evil, but I fear him more than any other human being.How? How did you specify me? I ask him.Kenny G winks at me and then(prenominal) puts his gleaming ternary sax to his lips.I shiver, even though I am drenched in sweat. Please, I beg him, just leave me aloneBut he takes a deep breath and his soprano sax starts to sing the b rightly notes of Songbird and immediately Im upright in my sleeping bag, repetitively slamming the heel of my right hand into the little white scar higher up my right eyebrow, attempt to make the music stop Kenny Gs hips are swaying right before my eyes with every brain jolt Im yelling, hold in Stop Stop Stop the end of his instrument is in my face, pounding me with change surface jazz I aroma the blood rushing up into my forehead Kenny Gs solo has reached a climax bang, bang, bang, bang And then my suffer and get are trying to restrain my arms, but Im screaming, Stop playing that strain Just stop PleaseWhen my mother gets knocked to the floor, my father kicks me hard in the stomach which makes Kenny G vanish and kills the music and when I fall congest gasping for air, Dad jumps on my chest and punches me in the cheek, and suddenly my mom is trying to pull Dad off me and Im sobbing like a tyke my mother is screaming at my father, telling him to stop hitting me, and then hes off me and shes telling me everything is going to be okay even after my father has punched me in the face as hard as he could.Thats it, Jeanie. Hes going back to that hospital in the morning. First thing, my father says, and then stomps down the stairs.I can hardly think, Im sobbing so loudly.My mother sits down next to me and says, Its okay, Pat. Im here.I put my head in my mothers lap and cry myself to sleep as momma strokes my hair.When I open my eyes, the ventilation fan is back on, sun is streaming through the screen in the nearest window, and Mom is still stroking my hair.How did you sleep? she asks me, forcing a smile. Her eyes are red and her cheeks are streaked with tears.For a second it feels decent to be lying next to my mom, the weight of her small hand on my head, her soft voice lingering in my ear, but soon the retrospect of what happened the night before forces me to sit up and then my heart is pounding and a wave of dread courses through my limbs. Dont send me back to the bad place. Im sorry. Im so sorry. Please, I beg her, pleading with everything I have, because thats how much I hate the bad place and pessimistic Dr. Timbers.Youre stay ing right here with us, Mom says looking me in the eyes like she does when she is telling the truth and then she kisses me on the cheek.We go down to the kitchen, where she cooks me some delicious eggs move with cheese and tomatoes, and I actually swallow all of my pills because I feel I owe it to Mom after knocking her down and touch my father.I am shocked when I look at the clock and see it is already 1100 a.m. So I start my exercising as soon as my plate is clean, double-timing everything just to keep up with my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment